[NeXus-committee] NIAC meeting

Peterson, Peter F. petersonpf at ornl.gov
Wed Mar 9 21:12:50 GMT 2005

Hello everybody,

This is a query more than an informative meeting. To advance NeXus it is
proposed that we hold two meetings this year. The first is at the end of
April concurrent with ICANS, and the second (discussed at the last NIAC
meeting) is in October near ICNS. The rest of this message is concerning
the April meeting.

The meeting would be at the Bishop's Lodge
<http://www.bishopslodge.com/> in Sante Fe, NM. This is the same
location as the ICANS meeting and the NeSSI3 workshop that many of you
already know about. Due to schedule constraints the meeting would be
April 25-28 or April 26-28. The format would be significantly different
than previous meetings in the fact that we would break out into working
groups for the majority of the time to work on specific items (various
instrument definitions) and get together to discus results. Because of
the money available in our funds and the location of the conference
center, the NIAC could provide food (breakfast, lunch, dinner, and two
breaks), but individuals would need to pay for flights and rooms
(special rate of $99+tax+resort fee per night).

What I need to know from you (required of voting members):
  - Are you already attending ICANS?
  - What day do you prefer to have the meeting start: Monday the 25th,
or Tuesday the 26th?
  - Is the suggested reimbursement scheme okay?

Peter Peterson
Executive Secretary, NIAC