[NeXus-committee] Registering for NIAC meeting Grenoble 1-3 Feb 2006

Ron Ghosh ron at ill.fr
Tue Nov 15 17:02:19 GMT 2005

Thanks very much to those who have been able to offer a quick
reply.  Encouraged by this I have asked Marie-Rose, who is helping
as secretary to the meeting, to block a number of rooms in our
guesthouse and we have reserved a meeting room for the main
working sessions.  Andy has reserved the ESRF lecture theatre
for a presentation on the 2nd Feb.  Those who know the ILL
would not recognize it now as the strengthening of the main
building ILL4 is under way.  This limits somewhat the availability
of meeting rooms away from the sound of pneumatic drills,
however I thought the formula of the breakout sessions at
Santa Fe was very productive, and worth continuing.

Ray has suggested that the three days envisaged is a little
short.  For those who wish to come earlier I think there could
be valuable discussions in more informal surroundings, and
it will be possible to accommodate them on site.  This
might offer an opportunity for ironing out some of the
finer (contentious) details of NeXus before the observers arrive.

I attach a registration form for you to complete and return.
For those who wish to ski... I suggest this is after rather
than before the meeting, however the Parisian school hols.
start on 4th Feb.

I would be grateful if this form could be forwarded to potential
observers, with notification to me so I can add them to the
mailing list; I leave it to Ray to decide whether registration
should actually be placed on the website.

Best regards to all, Ron
--
Ron Ghosh, Institut Laue Langevin
6 rue Jules Horowitz,                  telephone: +33-476207178