[NeXus-committee] NIAC meeting agenda - membership

Peterson, Peter F. petersonpf at ornl.gov
Tue Jan 10 14:08:04 GMT 2006

As you will see on the proposed agenda for the meeting http://www.nexus.anl.gov/mediawiki/index.php?title=NIAC_Meetings, there are a couple of topics concerning membership on the agenda.

First is renewing existing members. Because of how the committee was formed, over half of its members expire on September 8th of this year. I propose (via the meeting agenda) that these people be renewed at this meeting. To do this all of them [Akeroyd, Cottrell, Ghosh, Hauser, Klosowski, Koennecke, Gilde, Osborn, Otomo, Proffen] need to bring a letter of support from the facility that they represent.

Next  is adding an additional member: Pete Jemian of the Advanced Photon Source at Argonne National Laboratory.

Finally, we need to elect officers for the next year. If you are interested for either of these positions please add your name in the appropriate place. Also, this is my official notice to the NIAC that I will not be serving as executive secretary for the next year.

Peter Peterson
Executive Secretary, NIAC