[NeXus-committee] NXguide and NXmirror

Pete R. Jemian jemian at anl.gov
Thu Nov 18 05:06:03 GMT 2010

NXguide and NXmirror look a lot alike.  Almost identical.  I'm editing
NXmirror now based on feedback from the DESY workshop last month.

There are two TRAC tickets that apply as well:
http://trac.nexusformat.org/definitions/ticket/41  NXguide
http://trac.nexusformat.org/definitions/ticket/45  NXmirror

 From my limited point of view, NXguide is redundant. If you agree, we
should consider deprecating or removing it.  However if you object to
that proposition, please take on the job of providing much better
documentation, especially the initial documentation string that now
reads "Template of NXguide".

Now that parts of the manual are generated from the NXDL files, we
should add documentation into the NXDL files appropriate to each defined
item.  NXguide is a case in point.

Pete

  Pete R. Jemian, Ph.D.                <jemian at anl.gov>
  Beam line Controls and Data Acquisition, Group Leader
  Advanced Photon Source,   Argonne National Laboratory
  Argonne, IL  60439                   630 - 252 - 3189