[NeXus-committee] Application Definitions

Mark Koennecke Mark.Koennecke at psi.ch
Thu Mar 3 07:42:53 GMT 2011

Hi everyone,

after a little discussion, the technical subcommittee decided to do the
first release of
application definitions (NXDL 1.0) together with the next version of the
NeXus-API (4.3) around may. That we
release the two together is coincidental; the application definitions
and the NAPI will be on
different release cycles. But we want to give you a chance to object. We
think a NXDL release is a good idea
because:
- we think the current application definitions are reasonable
- we do not seem to be able to get feedback from the community. May be
everyone is waiting for a release to
  get excited about. May be we need to do 1.1 quickly afterwards....
- we also want to get the application definitions out of the door in
order to be able to tackle other
  issues

If you have any objections against the release of the current
applications definitions by end of may, please
speak up now!

Best Regards,

            Mark Koennecke