[NeXus-committee] Questionaire Reminder

Toshiya Otomo toshiya.otomo at j-parc.jp
Mon Sep 17 15:18:12 BST 2012

Hello,

Jiro Suzuki may follow up my answer in the NIAC meeting.

* Facility name
Neutron Scattering faclitiy, J-PARC

* Number of files/beamlines/instruments producing NeXus files
10 beamlines

* Number of files/beamlines/instruments producing NeXus files in 2 years
time
6 beamlines

* Barriers found for increasing NeXus use
+ Many instruments are producing NeXus but users don't recognize the
benefit of NeXus: users want to bring their data with existing "data
format" such as ASCII, mslice, gsas and so on.
+ slow I/O rate for large data of over GB

* Priorities for the NeXus community should be
+ needs to find or establish something that only NeXus can do.

Best regards,

Toshiya Otomo
KEK/J-PARC