[NeXus-committee] DECTRIS example file

V. Armando Sole sole at esrf.fr
Fri Jan 11 21:07:33 GMT 2013

On 11.01.2013 17:25, Pete Jemian wrote:
> Isn't that an example of why not to use parent addressing when
> dealing with HDF5 data paths?

No. There is nothing wrong on having:
f['/entry/data_000001'].name = '/entry/data_000001'
f['/entry/data_000001'].parent = '/entry'

because when you retrieve the value you get the dataset referred to.

When you write a link to a file or directory, do you call that file or
directory from the directory containing the link by the link name or by
the destination name? One *always* use the link name. To me is something
h5py should directly deal with, if not I will deal with it myself.

Best regards,

Armando