[NeXus-committee] NeXpy v0.1.5

Osborn, Raymond rosborn at anl.gov
Mon Mar 31 15:47:12 BST 2014

Dear colleagues,
We have just released a new version of NeXpy v0.1.5, which adds a number of new importers (CBF files and SPE/NXSPE files - since NXSPE files aren't really standard-conforming) and a few UI improvements. You should be able to install it with 'pip install nexpy' if you have the latest python setuptools installed. Please give it a try - I am now using it continually for all my data analysis (we are using it for our 'Big Data' project at the APS. ) and I think it serves a useful niche for scientists dealing with, e.g., post-Mantid data analysis, and so could help to get NeXus more widely used outside the developer community. Nick Draper has said that he intends to include it with the Mantid distribution, so it would be good to get as much feedback as possible.

If there is no objection, I would like Freddie Akeroyd to add a nexpy at nexusformat.org mailing list to the current Mailman server, so that we can offer better support than just a Github issues list. Also, if anyone is interested in contributing, I would be happy to add you to the Github collaborator list if you give me your Github name. Pete Jemian is now a co-developer of NeXpy, and has made many valuable contributions.

With best regards,
Ray Osborn, Senior Scientist
Materials Science Division
Argonne National Laboratory