[NeXus-committee] NIAC in Japan

Mark Könnecke mark.koennecke at psi.ch
Tue May 20 08:00:58 BST 2014

Dear all,

at this time we are planning to hold the next full NIAC meeting and code camp
in Japan, before NOBUGS. We would need a full NIAC meeting; we need to
elect officers and attend to some other business. From an informal survey we got
the impression that few people actually intend to travel to japan. Or have serious
problems to get the trip funded. Thus, in order to get a more complete picture, please
answer this question:

* Are you going to travel to Japan to attend NIAC and/or NOBUGS?

It also seems that our american partners will have trouble getting travel funded
for the foreseeable future.  A possible alternative would be to hold virtual NIAC
meetings via some teleconferencing setup. This would also open up the possibility
to hold NIAC meetings more often in order to speed up our response time. Thus,
another question?

* How open are you to the idea of having virtual NIAC meetings? Will you be able to
  participate?

The tech sub committee will start evaluating the necessary technology. If you know of any
free or commercial teleconferencing system which works nicely across continents, please
let us know. So far we have Google Hangout, Skype group meetings and Adobe Connect on
our list of  things to evaluate.

Best Regards,

       Mark Koennecke