[NeXus-committee] NXgroup: undocumented or inofficial?

Joachim Wuttke j.wuttke at fz-juelich.de
Tue Jul 8 18:21:26 BST 2014

> NXGroup is what the NXcollection was called before
> the NIAC changed the name upon ratification.

About NXcollection, the doc says: anything placed
within will not be validated.

 From which I understand that NXcollection is meant
for some low-level stuff that does not fit into any
of NeXus' classes.

Whereas in the SNS sample file, NXgroup is used as
a high-level node that allows for a more orderly
tree structure.

Therefore I feel the problem is deeper than just a
name change.

- Joachim