[NeXus-committee] NXgroup: undocumented or inofficial?

j.wuttke j.wuttke at fz-juelich.de
Tue Jul 8 22:29:44 BST 2014

> Alternatives for NXcollection, to include validation, include:
>
> ===================  ============================================
> base class           intent
> ===================  ============================================
> NXnote               to store additional information
> NXlog                information that is time-stamped
> NXparameters         parameters for processing or analysis
> NXcharacterization   don't use this (see the WWW page for why)

Validation is one point.

But clear semantics is not less important.

A high-level node, inserted in a tree to give it a more orderly structure,
is neither a low-level container for unspecified stuff, nor a note,
nor a log, nor a parameter container.

Perhaps the name change and it's non-implementation at SNS are a fortunate
coincidence we could use to codify their current use of "NXgroup"?

- Joachim