[NeXus-committee] NXgroup: undocumented or inofficial?

Pete Jemian jemian at anl.gov
Tue Jul 8 22:52:28 BST 2014

Joachim:

On 7/8/2014 4:29 PM, j.wuttke wrote:
> Perhaps the name change and it's non-implementation at SNS are a fortunate
> coincidence we could use to codify their current use of "NXgroup"?

NXcollection was finalized at a plenary meeting of the NIAC in 2010.
(http://wiki.nexusformat.org/images/2/24/Minutes_of_NeXus_Committee_2010.pdf)
  The proposal for "NXmeasurement" resulted in "NXcollection".  I cannot
find the mention of "NXgroup" in the minutes available online.  A Google
search for "NeXus NXgroup base class" is unproductive for this topic.
(It does identify that the NeXpy tree API uses a Python class with the
NXgroup name.)

Minutes for the various meetings of the NIAC, where such decisions have
been made are available online:
http://wiki.nexusformat.org/NIAC#Meetings

Pete

Pete R. Jemian, Ph.D.                <jemian at anl.gov>
Beam line Controls and Data Acquisition, Group Leader
Advanced Photon Source,   Argonne National Laboratory
Argonne, IL  60439                   630 - 252 - 3189