[NeXus-committee] obsolescence and evolution: NeXus needs a historic dimension

Pete Jemian prjemian at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 12:45:33 BST 2014

Perhaps you have been misinformed.

On 7/16/2014 5:29 AM, Joachim Wuttke wrote:
>  From recent correspondence I learned that to this date not a single
> institute is writing fully valid NeXus. I suspect this highly
> unsatisfactory state of affairs is not the least due to NeXus being
> a moving target.

At one of the NIAC meetings in the last five years, we took an informal
poll to discover which facilities use the NAPI to read/write NeXus data
files.  "Less than half" was the result.  On testing data files for
validity, many tested as valid.  I know of several instruments that have
presented data files to me that have tested as valid against the current
NXDL.  The software NeXpy now writes files based _solely_ on the
structures specified in the NXDL.

Pete