[NeXus-committee] NUP 1 draft 0.2

Pete Jemian jemian at anl.gov
Thu Jul 17 22:23:48 BST 2014

Joachim:

On 7/17/2014 3:57 PM, j.wuttke wrote:
> - Create a proposal on the wiki.

One recent example was a proposal regarding NXaperture
http://wiki.nexusformat.org/NXaperture_and_Slits

This is how I thought the constitution was written.  So I found it:

    http://wiki.nexusformat.org/NIAC#Procedures

To my surprise, the constitution needs some revision since the
instrument definitions and base classes are no longer kept on the wiki.
  And we no longer refer to instrument definitions at all.
Agenda item for the next plenary NIAC meeting.

And the link to the Constitution is wrong in the User Guide FAQ since
the documentation changed to Sphinx.  Hrmph.  That will be fixed today.

The suggestion for NeXus Upgrade Proposals is good.  Seems that when the
documentation shifted from the wiki, our use of the wiki dropped off
significantly.  As Joachim suggested, the documentation trail left by
the proposal and discussion will be valuable.  The voting process is
already described.

Pete

Pete R. Jemian, Ph.D.                <jemian at anl.gov>
Beam line Controls and Data Acquisition, Group Leader
Advanced Photon Source,   Argonne National Laboratory
Argonne, IL  60439                   630 - 252 - 3189