[NeXus-committee] NXroot is required - or should be made so

Joachim Wuttke j.wuttke at fz-juelich.de
Fri Aug 29 15:44:14 BST 2014

Starting point of this discussion was my remark on Figs 1-3
in the manuscript.

I would like to propose a radical solution:

Omit NXroot from said figures.

Rationale:

The paper is not meant to reproduce the NeXus reference,
but to provide a high-level overview.
Therefore it's legitimate to omit technical detail.

 From Mark's
> Well, well. Actually I do not mind the NXroot attribute. But I do not want a NXroot group appearing somewhere
> in a HDF-5 NeXus file. It just belongs into a XML NeXus file. And I still think the documentation of NXroot is thus
> misleading.
I infer that NXroot is not essential enough to merit
mention in the paper.

- Joachim