[NeXus-committee] publication, yet another variant

Joachim Wuttke j.wuttke at fz-juelich.de
Wed Oct 8 14:25:29 BST 2014

> Let me know what you think,

Dear Mark,

I think that my mail of 10/02/2014 11:16 AM,
   "manuscript: exchange or archival format"
is not addressed at all.

I also think that the second paragraph misrepresents
the pre-NeXus situation. I think "sabotaged" and
"integrity is jeopardized" are inappropriate wording.
Btw if instrument operators really wanted to prevent
third parties from making sense of the data they
generate, NeXus would not prevent them from doing so.

We should clearly distinguish between concerns about
the physical file format, which are once and for all
resolved by HDF5 or similar standards, and concerns
about completeness and interoperability of data sets.

Best - Joachim