[NeXus-committee] Versioning of new NAPI release

Eugen Wintersberger eugen.wintersberger at desy.de
Tue Mar 3 09:01:55 GMT 2015

Hi
  we had a short discussion yesterday about whether or not the new NAPI
release will be a major or minor release. In my opinion this depends on
whether or not the ABI of the library changes.
As far as I know, the ABI of a library is considered as changed if
1.) new function signatures are introduced
2.) or the signatures of existing functions are altered.
If one of these two items is true we have a major release, if not it is
just a minor release.
Your opinion about this?

regards
  Eugen