[NeXus-committee] RC3 for NAPI 4.4.1 is release and some suggestions for the distribution

Eugen Wintersberger eugen.wintersberger at desy.de
Tue Dec 15 12:48:42 GMT 2015

Hi folks,
  I have just released RC3 for NAPI 4.4.1. Thanks to Freddy for fixing a
bug I was not able to track ;). The tarball can be downloaded from the
hopefully already know location.

Aside from this I did some experiment for our distribution channels.
As I have just realized it seems that most of the SVN release tags have
survived the transfer to GitHub.
We have release tags starting from 4.0.0. Here a suggestion how we could
attach the binary files

https://github.com/nexusformat/code/releases/tag/4.0.0

I would suggest to do this for all the other old releases and finally
remove the old download sites or replace them by a forward to the GitHub
site.
What do you think about this?

regards
  Eugen