[NeXus-committee] Additions to NeXus

Pete Jemian prjemian at gmail.com
Wed May 11 12:33:03 BST 2016

The source is definitely a part of the instrument, not something at the top
level of the experiment (NXentry). Consider the case of a synchrotron X-ray
experiment with a laser pump.  There are two sources to be documented.
They both belong under the description of the pump/probe instrument.

Why should the beam be part of the sample? Makes no sense at all.  The
sample has no beam.  The beam does not describe the sample in any useful
way.  NXbeam documents the state of the beam at some position along the
path from source to detector.  It could go in many places along the optical
path.

Pete