[NeXus-committee] Additions to NeXus

Osborn, Raymond rosborn at anl.gov
Wed May 11 14:55:43 BST 2016

To agree with the previous two comments, it was always assumed that one of the locations of NXbeam groups would be in the NXsample group as the NXDL states. The sample is another component of the beamline, even if it is the only one that is not in the NXinstrument group, and it’s obviously helpful to define the state of the beam at the sample position. For example, the neutron wavelength spread could be quite different at the sample position than at the previous slit or chopper.

Ray