[NeXus-committee] Beam position monitors

Pete Jemian prjemian at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 14:09:04 GMT 2016

A BPM has unique features that differentiate it from a 2D detector.  For
starters, it has no 2D image.  It has scaling information for each sensor
(the gain and offset of the current amplifiers, in the most common design),
each of which has a host of settings to be documented.  The various fields
and assumptions of NXdetector are a poor fit to describe BPMs.