[NeXus-committee] NIAC committee

steve.collins at diamond.ac.uk steve.collins at diamond.ac.uk
Wed Sep 26 09:15:21 BST 2018

Dear All,

Further to my previous email exchange with Tobias, I am interested in joining the NIAC committee if that is acceptable, as a representative of Diamond Light Source. I should points out that:

1.       I don't want to replace Mark Basham, as our interests and skills are quite different.

2.       I'm not a software engineer, but a physicist and beamline responsible.

3.       I have a particular interest in open science and FAIR data management.

4.       I am the Physical Sciences Data Science Coordinator at Diamond, with part of my role being to work towards full adoption of NeXus in the physical sciences.

5.       I am unlikely to be able to attend next month's meeting at BNL.

Please let me know if you feel it is appropriate for me to join or let me know if there is a more formal process.

Regards,
Steve