Various

Ray Osborn ROsborn at anl.gov
Mon Aug 18 20:50:50 BST 1997

Hi from ICNS,
It turns out that Toronto is not that out-of-the-way.  I'm only responding
to one of Freddie's points :

>All we need then is a package to parse the string and do the conversions
>for us -
>i think i did see one out on the Internet somewhere or does somebody already
>have such a tool? An alternative to having to parse a units string would

There is such a passage - Unidata's UDUNITS, which I refer to in the NeXus
web pages concerning units generally.  Check out the URL there.  It does
exactly what we need - it also defines all acceptable character strings
defining units so we don't need to do any more.