efficiency

Mark.Koennecke at psi.ch Mark.Koennecke at psi.ch
Tue Aug 26 07:56:06 BST 1997

	High,

	some comments on Ray's suggestions about efficiency:

	Has somebody PROVEN that the NAPI is the single cause of program
	inefficiency with a profiler output? As long as this is not the case
	we need not bother.

	However, SDsetdimval_comp is easy to do, the HDF header thing is
        not yet done, but is a parameter at file creation time. So, we put
        these two things in, soon.

	The single value, vData issue: This needs yet another addition to
	the NAPI:
           NXputsingle
           NXgetsingle
           NXputsingleatt
           NXgetsingleatt
        That would isolate writing and reading single values sufficiently
        to make it possible to use vData. I am slightly in favour of
        this as single values are very frequent. It is some work though.

					Mark