napi-BUG

Mark.Koennecke at psi.ch Mark.Koennecke at psi.ch
Fri Oct 3 14:06:49 BST 1997

	High there,

	I found a bug in the NAPI, function NXgetnextentry, line 974.
        In this line, the tags are checked in order to detect a SDS.
        However, the tag DFTAG_SDS (703) is missing in the check.
	This causes NAPI generated SDS's to become UNKNOWN, UNKNOWN
	in the directory check.  Whoever updates the files at the Nexus
        WWW should add this check there and everywhere where napi tries to
        check for a SDS. I fixed a similar bug in NXopendata already
	several times!

	Freddy, this bug is probably the cause for your problems reading
        the data vGroup from genie.

					Mark