HDF5

Ray Osborn ROsborn at anl.gov
Wed Feb 18 19:26:10 GMT 1998

HDF5 is here, at least in an alpha version.  I know that many of you are
subscribed to the HDF mailing list, so I won't post the whole newsletter.
However, the main news is:

HDF5 release 1.0.0a

HDF5 version 1.0.0a is now available, and can be downloaded from
the HDF ftp server (hdf.ncsa.uiuc.edu), in the directory:
      /pub/dist/HDF5/

The documentation for this release can be found at:
      http://hdf.ncsa.uiuc.edu/nra/BigHDF/

They don't support attributes yet, but it looks as if it's happening faster
than I realized, and may have important implications for NeXus.  We
certainly can't ignore it.

Any thoughts?