SDS tag fix

Ray Osborn ROsborn at anl.gov
Thu Sep 9 18:07:43 BST 1999

I'm a bit puzzled by the correspondence last week.  While the change to the
SDS tag obviously needed to be made, it doesn't seem to have fixed the HDF
Browser bug, at least in my own tests.  I thought that it might be a problem
with the Mac version, but I've just downloaded the Windows version with the
same result, after double-checking that I really had linked the latest
version of NAPI.C before writing the NeXus file.

I still find that SDS's are only displayed in the first group to which they
are attached.  I am fairly convinced that this is not our problem but
Fortner's.  I've just done a check with several Vgroup interface functions
that return information about a Vgroup's contents (Vgettagrefs, Vnrefs and
Vntagrefs), and all returned the expected answers which include the linked
data items.

Some of the posts last week suggested that HDF Browser now works.  If you
have evidence of this, please let me know.  Otherwise, I will contact
Fortner with a bug report in the next few days.

P.S. to Freddie - I can compile the latest NAPI.C under VMS 6.2.
--
Dr Ray Osborn                Tel: +1 (630) 252-9011
Materials Science Division   Fax: +1 (630) 252-7777
Argonne National Laboratory  E-mail: ROsborn at anl.gov
Argonne, IL 60439-4845