Fortran 77 Interface

Mark Koennecke Mark.Koennecke at psi.ch
Fri Sep 17 07:26:47 BST 1999

High,

I got slightly confused about this because I am happily reading character SDS-data
written by a C
program from F77. I then realized that I call Freddy REPLACE_STRING function from
my code
to fix the character SDS up. Two points:

I still think we should keep the API as it is but modify NXFgetdata, ...etc to
handle character data properly automatically. As Freddy already did with the
attribute routines. Don't let the user worry about
it.

It ocurred to me that we must make sure that any character data written from F77
has a 0 at the end of
the string otherwise we get in deep trouble when reading that from a C program.
Again,  I think this should be handled automatically by the API.

Mark