F77 standard

Freddie Akeroyd faa at isise.rl.ac.uk
Thu Sep 23 12:05:59 BST 1999

I've found something else that works that it a bit easier than an
equivalence (it is also non-standard, but supported by g77 and DEC
compilers):

You pass the string using %REF(name) ... this passes the address of the
string bytes rather than the address of the string descriptor, and so
makes it behave like "C"

Freddie

--
Freddie Akeroyd                        Email:  Freddie.Akeroyd at rl.ac.uk
ISIS Facility                          Tel:    +44 1235 445457