Version 1.2.0

Ray Osborn ROsborn at anl.gov
Tue Oct 5 15:45:53 BST 1999

I personally am against allowing arrays of character strings (I seem to
remember writing this before) and can probably put something to that effect
on the web.  If someone can provide a convincing reason why they are
necessary, I am willing to reconsider, but I don't think there are any cases
in the current glossary.  If someone is desperate to have this facility,
they can always get around the inhibition by using the EQUIVALENCE method
with NXputdata.

On another topic, I added the compilation flags required to compile NAPI on
our Linux machine to Makefile (commented out, of course).  I think that it
would be helpful if we added other examples that work in the U**x world as
we find them.  If you have successfully compiled using g77, Digital Fortran,
Nag F90 etc, please could you let us know what flags were required so that
we can add them as well.  It took me quite a while to work out how to pass
the right name mangling to work with Absoft, so I'm sure other users would
appreciate the help.

Dr Ray Osborn                Tel: +1 (630) 252-9011
Materials Science Division   Fax: +1 (630) 252-7777
Argonne National Laboratory  E-mail: ROsborn at anl.gov
Argonne, IL 60439-4845