False alarm

Ray Osborn ROsborn at anl.gov
Wed Jan 12 18:43:55 GMT 2000

Sorry if I've wasted your time, but I have concluded that the tag error is
nothing to do with us.  It's a problem with the HDF (and SciSpy) Browsers.
When I checked properly in the VMS debugger, it seems that the tag really is
being set to DFTAG_NDG.  I still don't know how, but it is.

This is on the basis of what's returned by Vgettagref within NXIFindSDS.

It seems that the HDF and SciSpy browsers don't attempt to read the tag, but
presumably assume it's DFTAG_SDG when they see it's an SDS.  I should report
the problem to them some time.  Of course, we do the same within
NXgetdataID, only we return the correct value, DFTAG_NDG.

Dr Ray Osborn                Tel: +1 (630) 252-9011
Materials Science Division   Fax: +1 (630) 252-7777
Argonne National Laboratory  E-mail: ROsborn at anl.gov
Argonne, IL 60439-4845