Latest version of NAPI

Ray Osborn ROsborn at anl.gov
Tue Jan 18 15:17:20 GMT 2000

Although we have been distracted by the (important) issue of how to identify
axes, I would like to release the C version of NXbrowse soon.  This required
the addition of NXinitgroupdir to NAPI.C.  As you know, I also included
NXgetgroupinfo, NXgetattrinfo, and NXinitattrdir in my last submission,
because they had been useful in the Fortran 90 utility functions.  These are
the only extra routines that require direct access to the NXhandle structure
or underlying HDF code.  In other words, we can construct every other
utility (NXU) routine using these core NX routines without knowing the
internal details of NeXus files.  This makes the Fortran API a lot simpler
to maintain.

Please could you check through the changes in the latest version of NAPI.C
and return any comments by the end of the week, so that we can get v 1.3.1
out the door.  I am particularly concerned about whether there are any side
effects to NXinitgroupdir and NXinitattrdir that I am not aware of.

Dr Ray Osborn                Tel: +1 (630) 252-9011
Materials Science Division   Fax: +1 (630) 252-7777
Argonne National Laboratory  E-mail: ROsborn at anl.gov
Argonne, IL 60439-4845