Version 1.3.2

Ray Osborn ROsborn at anl.gov
Tue Feb 29 21:38:28 GMT 2000

Following Mark and Freddie's recent revisions to correct the int32 and win32
problems, I've updated the version number to 1.3.2 in preparation for a new
release.  However, I've not tagged this version.  Please try and run the
test programs over the next day or so and report any problems.  I want to
release this by the end of the week.

I hope Mark doesn't mind that I changed the default behaviour to !ByteAsChar
in NXbrowse, since that is the current standard.  However, as a compromise,
I print out all the NX_INT8 and NX_UINT8 global attributes as characters
before switching to this default.  I can't imagine that anyone is going to
need to use NX_INT8 and NX_UINT8 for a global attribute, so I think it's
safe to assume that these should be characters.  If anyone thinks this is
not sensible, let me know.  Of course, anyone can customize their own copy
of NXbrowse.c if they don't like the distributed version.

Thanks,
Dr Ray Osborn                Tel: +1 (630) 252-9011
Materials Science Division   Fax: +1 (630) 252-7777
Argonne National Laboratory  E-mail: ROsborn at anl.gov
Argonne, IL 60439-4845