NeXus name clash (for info.)

Moreton-Smith, CM (Christopher) C.M.Moreton-Smith at rl.ac.uk
Tue Jun 20 11:07:31 BST 2000

I'm not sure that it's worth posting to the full group at the moment but it
is worth pointing out that there is another NeXus (but with a small X) which
may cause some confusion.  Even more confusingly it is also associated with
Argonne and is part of the Globus project (data grids).  If you look at the
MCS page

	http://www-fp.mcs.anl.gov/division/software/

they even provide a link to download the software!

I came across it in connection with the european scientific data grid
initiative which is very much "flavour of the moment" here.  As it is
mentioned with distributed data storage and scientific data, the
possibilities for confusion are not difficult to see.

One possibility might be to disambiguate the two standards on our web and
request something reciprocal on the MCS and/or globus pages (The Nexus
package is also part of the globus grid toolkit
(http://www.globus.org/toolkit/communication.html).

Chris