NeXus java implementation

Ray Osborn ROsborn at anl.gov
Sun Nov 5 00:36:59 GMT 2000

Mark,
I'm only just getting around to updating the web pages and FTP site to
include your java implementation.  Thanks for doing this so quickly.  I had
one immediate concern that I thought I'd better raise quickly.  You have
named the java package neutron.nexus.  Is there a reason for not just
calling the package nexus?  My main concern is that NeXus is for neutron and
xray scatterers, so it seems a discriminatory name.  It also means that some
of the javadoc file names became too long for Macs (at least before OSX
takes over) so it's screwing up my CVS repository.

If there is some name clash, then I would recommend that we call the package
just NX, i.e. NX.NeXusFile etc.

I'll try and integrate the documentation over the next week or so, although
I don't have very much free time at the moment.

Dr Ray Osborn                Tel: +1 (630) 252-9011
Materials Science Division   Fax: +1 (630) 252-7777
Argonne National Laboratory  E-mail: ROsborn at anl.gov
Argonne, IL 60439-4845