NeXus workshop

Ray Osborn ROsborn at anl.gov
Thu Feb 8 18:10:50 GMT 2001

We've got enough people coming to the workshop to make it viable although
there are a few groups that are under-represented.  The worst is the NAPI
team itself, since no-one from this mailing list has registered using the
form in <http://www.neutron.anl.gov/nexus/NeXus_2001.html>.  Please do so,
since we need to know who we can call on to make presentations, lead working
groups etc.  If none of you can really come, it is going to be a major
headache for Mark and me.  Also, please encourage instrument scientists from
your lab to consider going, i.e. those who are involved in writing data
analysis software or have expertise in other standards such as CIF.  One of
the aims of the workshop is to increase the number of people who know what
NeXus is for, and who can start promoting its widespread use.

I have been too busy until now to worry about it, but I will start
contacting people shortly about what we are going to be able to say of the
initiatives we discussed in September (XML, HDF5, object-brokering, data
browsers, installation procedures etc).  I assume you've also been busy, but
please try and put this up the priority list in the next few weeks.

Dr Ray Osborn                Tel: +1 (630) 252-9011
Materials Science Division   Fax: +1 (630) 252-7777
Argonne National Laboratory  E-mail: ROsborn at anl.gov
Argonne, IL 60439-4845