[Nexus-developers] Makefiles and NeXus libraries

Ray Osborn RayOsborn at mac.com
Wed Jun 5 19:54:10 BST 2002

On 6/5/02 1:22 AM, "Mark Koennecke" <Mark.Koennecke at psi.ch> wrote:

> Go ahead with the makefiles. There is only one thing about the version.
> As there never was a real 2.0 version, we think the current one is it.
> So if you still have files with version 2.1 in it, set it to 2.0.

I had wondered about the 2.1.0 number.  I will make the changes in the
Fortran versions.

> Well OK, but do we still need the napi_test_read? The other files
> include both reading and writing. So if we are cleaning up, we can
> may remove napi_test_read as well.

It's true.  The only new functionality that napi_test_read gives is to check
whether the Fortran-produced files are readable in C.  However, if you are
uncertain, it is always possible to read the files in NXbrowse, so I am
happy to remove it.  The fewer unnecessary files, the better.

However, I think I will have to wait until Freddie gets back next week
before committing these changes.  I am not sure of the status of the Fortran
90 files in the repository.

Dr Ray Osborn                Tel: +1 (630) 252-9011
Materials Science Division   Fax: +1 (630) 252-7777
Argonne National Laboratory  E-mail: ROsborn at anl.gov
Argonne, IL 60439-4845