[Nexus-developers] NeXus API (HDF4 + HDF5) on Windows

Uwe Filges Uwe.Filges at psi.ch
Thu Aug 8 08:12:04 BST 2002

I want specify shortly what I have done on the Windows platform.  At
first some details to the used system.
The operating system was Windows NT 4.0 and I have used the Microsoft
Visual C++ 6.0 Developer Studio.

On the system I have installed both the HDF4 (4.1 release 4) library and
the HDF-5 (1.4 release 2) library.
Furthermore I have created three projects inside the Developer studio
using the new NeXus API source code.
The first one is a pure NeXus-HDF4 application, the second project uses
both libraries (HDF4 and HDF-5)
and the third project is a  NeXus-HDF5 application.
The names of the projects are hdf45_4.dsp; hdf45_45.dsp and hdf45_5.dsp.
All project files are available
on the NeXus-CVS repository. The specific Developer studio options are
saved also inside the project files.

On my system I have tested all projects and I don't have problems. I
must mention that I don't test the
FORTRAN interface on the Windows system. Furthermore I have not created
a NeXus-DLL library. The named projects
are including the necessary NeXus source and header files. I have used
the NeXus test-files (e.g. napi45_4test.c) as applications.

Regards,
Uwe