[Nexus-developers] Latest update

Ray Osborn ROsborn at anl.gov
Mon Aug 19 22:55:59 BST 2002

I just wanted to check on progress.  Have the Windows issues now all been
resolved?  Also, can someone remove the unneeded MS Developer Studio files
before we tag the release?  I have checked that the current version works
under Mac OS X and Linux (except for the F90 parts - we have to update our
compiler).

I have removed the following files from the repository - I mentioned them
all a couple of months ago and nobody complained.

napi45.c, napi45.h, napi45_4test.c, napi45_5test.c, napi_test.c,
napi_test_read.c

Finally, there is a problem with NXdump, which recursively searches groups
and dumps their contents.  It works fine with the HDF4 files, but it goes
into an infinite loop with HDF5 files.  I think there is a problem with the
NXgetnextentry function starting a new index when it gets back to the
original group from a nested operation, but I need to work with the debugger
(which may also need updating) to work out what's going on.

Dr Ray Osborn                Tel: +1 (630) 252-9011
Materials Science Division   Fax: +1 (630) 252-7777
Argonne National Laboratory  E-mail: ROsborn at anl.gov
Argonne, IL 60439-4845