[Nexus-developers] NXtoXML

Ray Osborn ROsborn at anl.gov
Thu Sep 5 16:20:25 BST 2002

I've created a new utility that converts an existing NeXus file to an
equivalent XML file.  You should already have received the CVS updates about
it.  I've checked that it produces valid XML files (at least MSIE parses it
without complaint), so it seems to be a proof of principle that NeXus files
can be stored in XML format without loss of information.

Please give it a go and send me any comments or suggestions for
improvements.  It could probably do with a couple of command-line switches,
e.g. to allow output without data arrays, or even with just the XML tags.  I
don't know how to do that portably, however, and I think it's useful to have
it as a portable utility.

I will announce it to the main NeXus list when we release the new version.

Dr Ray Osborn                Tel: +1 (630) 252-9011
Materials Science Division   Fax: +1 (630) 252-7777
Argonne National Laboratory  E-mail: ROsborn at anl.gov
Argonne, IL 60439-4845