[Nexus-developers] Final release

Akeroyd, FA (Freddie) F.A.Akeroyd at rl.ac.uk
Wed Sep 11 17:03:56 BST 2002

Ray, do you mean update the "$Id" field in CVS? This could be updated
to 2.0, but would rapidly become 2.1, 2.2 as mods were made. As you
cannot go back numbers, we would then have version 2.1 of nexus with
files saying 2.6 for example, which is similar to having files saying
1.33 for NeXus version 2.0 However, if the changes to the library are
significant enough to make it desirable having 2.* version
number, it is not hard to do. What is everybody's view? Only people
who would look closely at the code would see these numbers anyway,
so is it more useful having the number directly related to the number
of code changes?

Regards,

Freddie