[Nexus-developers] Mac OS X 10.2 fudge

Ray Osborn ROsborn at anl.gov
Fri Oct 25 16:01:36 BST 2002

I thought I would post this to the developer list for posterity, although
Jon is probably the only one who might be interested.  I just upgraded to
Mac OS X 10.2 (Sept. Developer Tools) and found the NeXus make failed when
building napif_test, because it couldn't find libg2c.a.  I discovered that
/usr/lib/libg2c.a is a symbolic link to
/usr/lib/gcc/darwin/default/libg2c.a, which then points to
/usr/lib/gcc/darwin/3.1/libg2c.a.  However, libg2c.a doesn't exist in that
directory.  I had to redirect the link to
/usr/lib/gcc/darwin/2.95.2/libg2c.a, after which everything works.

It's possible that this is only a problem because I didn't do a clean
install of the new system.  Jon, let me know if you had a different
experience.

--
Dr Ray Osborn                Tel: +1 (630) 252-9011
Materials Science Division   Fax: +1 (630) 252-7777
Argonne National Laboratory  E-mail: ROsborn at anl.gov
Argonne, IL 60439-4845