[Nexus-developers] Changes to NeXus Repository

Mark Koennecke Mark.Koennecke at psi.ch
Fri Mar 28 16:28:52 GMT 2003

Dear Ray,

On Fri, 28 Mar 2003, Ray Osborn wrote:

> On 2003/03/28 9:43, "Mark Koennecke" <Mark.Koennecke at psi.ch> wrote:
>

> > High,
> >
> > I tagged the release version of the NeXus API with the tag NAPI-20.
> > We commited the following fixes and extensions:

> I'm unclear about the reason for the new tag.  As you know, the 2.0.0
> release was tagged as NEXUS_2_0_0.  If you recommend that we make this a new
> bug-fixing release, shouldn't we tag it as NEXUS_2_0_1 and change the
> NEXUS_VERSION definitions in the header files - or is this intended as an
> internal developer release?

   I made the tag because of the discussions about tagging in this list
   recently. I was not aware of that existing tag. Sorry. But I think the
   extra tag will do no harm.

   If our changes constitute a new release or are internal is open to
   discussion. As the bugs fixed are pretty severe (especially the
   reading one) I think that the source distributed from the WWW-page
   should reflect the current status.

				Cheers,

					Mark