[Nexus-developers] Changes to NeXus Repository

Ray Osborn ROsborn at anl.gov
Fri Mar 28 16:49:07 GMT 2003

On 2003/03/28 10:28, "Mark Koennecke" <Mark.Koennecke at psi.ch> wrote:

> Dear Ray,
>
> On Fri, 28 Mar 2003, Ray Osborn wrote:
>
>> On 2003/03/28 9:43, "Mark Koennecke" <Mark.Koennecke at psi.ch> wrote:
>>

>>> High,
>>>
>>> I tagged the release version of the NeXus API with the tag NAPI-20.
>>> We commited the following fixes and extensions:
>
>> I'm unclear about the reason for the new tag.  As you know, the 2.0.0
>> release was tagged as NEXUS_2_0_0.  If you recommend that we make this a new
>> bug-fixing release, shouldn't we tag it as NEXUS_2_0_1 and change the
>> NEXUS_VERSION definitions in the header files - or is this intended as an
>> internal developer release?
>>
>  I made the tag because of the discussions about tagging in this list
>  recently. I was not aware of that existing tag. Sorry. But I think the
>  extra tag will do no harm.
>
>  If our changes constitute a new release or are internal is open to
>  discussion. As the bugs fixed are pretty severe (especially the
>  reading one) I think that the source distributed from the WWW-page
>  should reflect the current status.

I will update the header files' version number to 2.0.1, unless anyone
thinks that the addition of SWIG should make this a 2.1.0 release.  Please
could everyone on this list compile this version and verify that the test
routines work.  If there are no reported problems, I will tag it again on
Tuesday as NEXUS_2_0_1 and announce the release to the main NeXus list.

Thanks,
Dr Ray Osborn                Tel: +1 (630) 252-9011
Materials Science Division   Fax: +1 (630) 252-7777
Argonne National Laboratory  E-mail: ROsborn at anl.gov
Argonne, IL 60439-4845