[Nexus-developers] NeXus autotools

Ray Osborn ROsborn at anl.gov
Fri Feb 20 21:21:46 GMT 2004

On 2/20/04 10:47, "Ray Osborn" <ROsborn at anl.gov> wrote:

> On 2/20/04 9:39, "Akeroyd, FA (Freddie)" <F.A.Akeroyd at rl.ac.uk> wrote:
>
>> Ray, you need to type
>>
>>   sh autogen.sh
>>
>> That will do the "autoconf" and other things for you - you can then run
>> configure
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Freddie
>>

> I'm getting some odd compilation errors, but I'll report those later, but I
> thought the above might be useful.

There seems to be a problem in napi5.c.  This may not have anything to do
with "autotools", unless that extra header file reference was necessitated
by the autotools development.

I get the following compilation error when I run the standard make.

napi5.c: In function `NX5open':
napi5.c:202: error: `cacheSize' undeclared (first use in this function)
napi5.c:202: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
napi5.c:202: error: for each function it appears in.)
make[1]: *** [napi5.lo] Error 1
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Otherwise, I still need to change libtoolize to glibtoolize, but the rest of
the ./configure works without any more modifications.

Very impressive,
Dr Ray Osborn                Tel: +1 (630) 252-9011
Materials Science Division   Fax: +1 (630) 252-7777
Argonne National Laboratory  E-mail: ROsborn at anl.gov
Argonne, IL 60439-4845