[Nexus-developers] RE: nexus spec: "..." ????

Akeroyd, FA (Freddie) F.A.Akeroyd at rl.ac.uk
Tue Apr 27 12:28:03 BST 2004

The "..." syntax hasn't really been specified, so I can't say definitely. To
me [:...] would mean at least one : whereas [...] could match any text. An
alternative would be to use something based on the existing regular
expression syntax e.g.  [:+]  or maybe [:]+   to indicate one or more array
dimensions.

Assuming "..." is accepted, I guess you could write [n...] for [n], [n,n],
etc. if you wished to require that the array has the same size (n) in each
dimension regardless of the number of dimensions; however as we need to get
the usage of "..." clarified I have CC: the nexus-developers at anl.gov mailing
list to open up a discussion (which may move to the NeXus SWIKI if it is
decided a decision by the NeXus advisory committee is needed)

Regards,

Freddie