[Nexus-developers] Re: NXopenpath, autoconf

Ray Osborn ROsborn at anl.gov
Fri Apr 30 14:39:33 BST 2004

On 4/30/04 8:29, "Mark Koennecke" <Mark.Koennecke at psi.ch> wrote:

> My suggestion: common usage is to include the configure script, we
> should do the same.

Mark,
My understanding is that, once you have sorted out the autoconf stuff, you
need to create source distributions that will allow people to go straight to
the configure script, missing out the autogen.sh stage.  I must admit to
being a bit confused about this, because presumably the configure script is
meant to be system independent, but I'm not sure that's true.

Can the autoconf experts explain this better, and how do we implement it on
the CVS server?

Dr Ray Osborn                Tel: +1 (630) 252-9011
Materials Science Division   Fax: +1 (630) 252-7777
Argonne National Laboratory  E-mail: ROsborn at anl.gov
Argonne, IL 60439-4845