[Nexus-developers] Creation of a nexus-cvs mailing list?

Ray Osborn ROsborn at anl.gov
Sun May 9 19:41:46 BST 2004

On 2004/05/09 12:55 PM, "Akeroyd, FA (Freddie)" <F.A.Akeroyd at rl.ac.uk>
wrote:

> Currently all CVS commit messages for source code changes are sent to the
> nexus-developers mailing list - is everybody happy with this, or would you
> prefer a separate list (e.g. called nexus-cvs) for such messages and leave
> nexus-developers for discussion only? Personally I would prefer a separate
> list as currently anybody viewing the pipermail list archive
> http://www.neutron.anl.gov/pipermail/nexus-developers/
> <http://www.neutron.anl.gov/pipermail/nexus-developers/>  needs to sift out
> all the "CVS update" messages to see what discussions are going on.

I agree.  I can easily set up a new list, and let anyone subscribe to it but
only let the cvs server post messages.  The archives would be generally
available, so you could just use it for reference without subscribing,
although I like being notified that something is happening.

Any objections?

Dr Ray Osborn                Tel: +1 (630) 252-9011
Materials Science Division   Fax: +1 (630) 252-7777
Argonne National Laboratory  E-mail: ROsborn at anl.gov
Argonne, IL 60439-4845