[Nexus-developers] napi tests and documentation

Akeroyd, FA (Freddie) F.A.Akeroyd at rl.ac.uk
Mon May 10 09:47:15 BST 2004

> > 2) Document in napi.h what the c types are for
> > NX_INT[8,16,32] and NX_UINT[8,16,32]. I just spent way to long searching
> > through test and example programs looking for something that would be
> > much easier in the header file itself.
> >
>   This is dicey as these things can differ between platforms and even
>   between compiler implementations on the same platform.
>
>                           Mark

Many compilers/systems these days define types such as int8_t or INT8 etc.
I'm not up with the current ISO C standard, but maybe there are now size
specific types defined there that we can safely use? Alternatively, we would
need to define our own type names (NXINT8 etc.) and have these mapped to the
appropriate operating system types as part of the autoconf "configure"
process

Freddie