[Nexus-developers] pkg-config and NeXus

Jens Krüger Jens.Krueger at frm2.tum.de
Thu May 13 15:29:02 BST 2004

You are right, at the moment it is no good idea to remove the nxbuild, but with
the help of some automake macros you may remove this (?).

Other ways are:
	- extend nxbuild
	- write a script similar to pkg-config called nexus-config to do the same
	  like pkg-config (I prefer this)

Jens

Am Donnerstag, 13. Mai 2004 13:06 schrieb Akeroyd, FA (Freddie):
> Pkg-config looks very elegant to use for Makefiles etc. but I think that
> nxbuild may live on as you cannot be sure that pkg-config will be available
> on the system; also a user may install nexus to their own area and not be
> able to update the global pkg-config configuration area. Though you can get
> round the latter problem by something like
>
> env PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/my/pkgconfig/area cc myproc.c 'pkg-config --cflags
> --libs nexus'
>
> using
>
> nxbuild program.c
>
> might seem preferable to them; of course nxbuild itself can check for and
> use pkg-config if it is available and so serve as an example of how to use
> it
>
> Regards,
>
> Freddie
>
> > You are right, that nxbuild may go away in the future.
> >
> > > I assume that this also means that "nxbuild" will also go away.
> > >
> > > P^2
> > > --

Jens Krüger

Technische Universität München